7 Tips for Unstoppable Success
Although everyone may define success differently, everyone has a desire to be successful. People may define their success in terms of career, business, academic or relationships.
We all have a dream that we want to achieve badly in order to live the life that makes us happy.
So, what is stopping you from being successful? What is it that makes successful people succeed in life while you are on a constant struggle, always seeking for a way to make things happen? Success can be hard to achieve, but fret not, because I am going to share 7 simple yet magical ways that keep my success unstoppable with you.
1. Discover your Passion
Before I further elaborate, allow me to ask you a few questions. Do you remember, when was the last time you dreamed about success? And, are you still pursuing it?
We often get trapped in the same old boring routine – be it our career, habits or daily lifestyle. As time goes by, we become demotivated and lose our passion in carrying out the same daily tasks. We get tired easily and dissatisfied with the life we are living. Our dreams that we once tried so hard to achieve start to fade and we end up remaining where we are, voluntarily suffering in this so-called “comfort zone”.
By discovering or rediscovering your passion, you will be able to step out of the “comfort zone” and find success. Before identifying your passion, it is good to free your mind by doing the following:-
- Take some time off
- Spend some time alone
- Live healthy by eating right and exercising regularly
- Meditate or practice yoga
- Read inspirational stories
- Have a diary to write down your thoughts
By taking a break from what you are currently doing, you will be able to improve your personal well-being. You may then be able to find the silver lining in discovering your passion.This will allow you to ultimately break through the “comfort zone”. To discover your success in life, you can do the following:-
- Define success. What does it really mean to you?
- Question yourself instead of making conclusions. You will be able to dig deeper about what you really want as questions lead to self-development whereas conclusions lead to dead ends. Ask questions like:
“What’s on my mind lately?”
“Do I find what I’m doing interesting?”
“Why do I want to be successful?”
- Identify and list down your good and bad habits.
- Build and maintain the good ones and try your best to break the bad ones.
- Take your time on this as habits don’t build or break in a day.
- Try something new.
- Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Try something new! You may look for ideas by surfing the internet to search for something that sparks your interest. If you haven’t been exercising lately, try jogging or biking around your neighborhood or a park nearby. It helps you to de-stress, find inspiration and keeps you mentally and physically fit.
- Decide and plan.
- Set a timeline and have a roadmap for your future and start doing what you really love. For instance, if you’re looking for a new job, list down companies and job scopes that interest you and the additional training you might need in future. Remember, chase your passion, and success will follow.
- Set goals.
- Draw a simple mind map whereby your main goal is broken down into smaller goals. By achieving the smaller goals day by day, you will be able to reach your main goal in no time.
2. Take Action
You choose to be nice to yourself because sometimes you fail to achieve the results you wanted. You think that you should wait for the right timing, a perfect opportunity that will bring you success and happiness. However, it leads you to a lack of progress and eventually you may fall into depression because what you’ve been waiting for will never happen. So stop being nice to yourself and start taking action. Motivate yourself to take action as action brings results. It might not be the results you wanted initially, but learn from your mistakes and you will get through it and success will be unstoppable for you.
As quoted by Pablo Picasso, “Action is the foundational key to success”, you MUST take immediate action on what you’ve decided. It is useless to plan without making it work. It may not be a fun thing to do, but it is an important thing to do when you are trying to succeed in what you’ve planned. For example, have you listed down the habits you wanted to change? Now, it’s time to change it.
- For instance, many of us are guilty of binge-watching. To break this habit, you could:
- Limit yourself. You could be watching 5 episodes a day. So, try reducing the number of episodes you watch per day. For starters, reduce it to 3 episodes per day and gradually to one episode per day. This can lessen the urge to watch another episode.
- Turn off the TV or computer and look for different activities to do such as making new friends, taking on challenges, exploring new adventures, starting new projects, etc.
You should also prioritize your goals:
- List down your goals daily and prioritize the tasks you need to do. This could be the best method to increase your effectiveness and productivity in achieving your goals in the long term.
Remember that motivation brings action. Hence, find ways to motivate yourself. You could:
- Write down your main goal and pin or place it somewhere which is easily visible for you such as on the fridge door, to remind yourself and fire yourself up with productiveness throughout the day.
- Set your goals or inspirational and meaningful quotes as your phone’s wallpaper is also a very effective way to motivate yourself daily.
- Slowly increase the action you do, just like breaking the habit of watching TV that I mentioned earlier. If you are trying to get fit, try increasing rep of workout you do everyday. It keeps you driven to better success as increased action means increase in persistence and results.
3. Be Positive
It is important to have a positive attitude towards achieving your goals. Success doesn’t happen overnight. There will be many hurdles to overcome in order to achieve success. Hence, positive thinking is needed to drive oneself to be more successful in the long term. In order to be positive, you can try doing the list below:
- Listen to or watch educational material that will increase your knowledge and enthusiasm, such as TED talks.
- Smiling is a great way to boost your attitude positively in an instantaneous manner. Try smiling for a minute or laugh while thinking of a happy memory. It will be much easier to maintain a positive attitude when endorphins and serotonin which are also known as the feel good hormones are released when you smile.
- Smiling makes you appear to be more confident and approachable.
- Research shows that smiling is a natural pain and stress reliever whereas laughing can be good for the lungs, increase immunity and could even burn off some calories.
- Curiosity makes you feel motivated to know or learn more about what you are trying to achieve. Constantly ask yourself questions and commit yourself to learning. Achieving success doesn’t only need motivation; it also needs a full commitment in what you are aiming for.
down the problems you encounter. I have always asked these 4 questions to
myself to find the answers.
- How can I solve this problem?
- What are my options?
- Where should I get more information about it?
- Who could I ask for help?
any negative thoughts.
- Don’t give your negative thoughts too much of attention as it will only make yourself feel worse.
- Stop wasting time making excuses or complaining on why you fail to achieve success. Focus on what you can do to make it better instead of blaming others for not getting what you want.
be afraid of failure.
- You should not be afraid of failure. You should view it as an opportunity to grow or a lesson to learn. If you have never failed, you have never challenged yourself to your full potential and you have never tried anything new. Remember, stay positive about failure, it helps you grow and leads you to success. As the saying goes, “If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived”.
humor in bad situations.
- Allow yourself to laugh even if you are experiencing the darkest situations. Remind yourself that you will most likely be able to create an interesting story later on or crack a joke about it.
on the good things, even if it’s small.
- There are many obstacles you face almost every day. When you come across such a challenge, it is good to focus on the benefits, no matter how small or insignificant they seem. This is the key to having a positive mindset.
Also, you need to have confidence in yourself. You need to believe in what you are doing even though it doesn’t seem to go well initially. By being positive and confident, you will eventually find success. Here’s a very good method to build your self-confidence:
- Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you can do it. You might think that it seems childish but trust me, it works. It boosts your confidence and reminds you of your goal. Giving yourself a positive pep talk from time to time especially in the morning keeps you productive and helps to maintain a positive mindset all day.
You can also build confidence by
grooming yourself. This step may seem trivial but it makes a difference. A neat
haircut or shave will be good enough to boost your self-confidence.
4. Surround Yourself with Like-minded People
We all know success does not occur immediately. There are a number of factors that make success possible and unstoppable. One of them is that success is not only hard work and passion; it is also greatly influenced by people around us.
If you were to ask someone around you if they feel successful or satisfied with their current state of their life, most of the time the answer is “no” or they are unable to give you a specific answer. They may feel doubtful, frustrated and unhappy with what they are doing. If that is the case, I am pretty sure you feel the same way too. Why is it so? This is because you are surrounded by people who think negatively which will indirectly influence you to be negative as well. Of course, we can’t fully blame others for us being unsuccessful in life. However, we should be responsible for ourselves because we choose to surround ourselves with the type of people who can impact us either positively or negatively.
Five years ago, a close friend of mine told me that if you want to succeed in your business, you have to surround yourself with people who always think positively and would push you to be better, not people who are close-minded or distract you from your potential. I took the advice to heart and it got me to where I am today, which is why I would like to share this essential tip with you to succeed together.
It is good to find the people around you to have the same positive thinking like you do as it is hard to stay motivated by yourself. Thus, you should surround yourself with passionate and successful people to support and encourage each other. You can easily find like-minded people or peers by networking such as attending courses or seminars which are helpful in achieving your goals. Networking has many advantages:-
- It is a great source for connections. You will be able to meet like-minded people who have the same passion as you do, energetic and driven to succeed. Their energy will be contagious and you will work together to breed success.
- Speak up about your dreams and increase your self-confidence. Networking forces yourself to talk to people you don’t know. Hence, your confidence will increase significantly if you do more of this.
- Allow you to communicate more effectively.
- Create better opportunities for yourself.
- Seek knowledge and advice.
- Raise your profile and build your reputation.
5. Find a Mentor
Mentorship is crucial in achieving success but most of us do not know how to achieve it. First of all, you should find a mentor to guide and assist you in achieving your success. The benefits of having a mentor are:
- Increase self-confidence.
- Learn to take better control in succeeding in your goals.
- Improves interpersonal relationship skills.
- Improves your networking and communicative skills.
- It Provides constructive feedback to allow growth in self-development.
In order to find great mentors to help you in succeeding, they should consist of these few characteristics or personalities:
- Willing to share their knowledge, skills, and experiences.
- Positive people.
- Appreciative. They listen to and appreciate the opinions of others.
- Well respected by their colleague or friends for really knowing what they are doing.
- Promote self-growth. Successful people don’t stop themselves from being curious and enthusiastic. They will keep learning from their mistakes and gain new knowledge and skills to be even more successful.
From the traits above, did anyone come to your mind? Is there anyone around you who you admire or idolize? Go to them and express your admiration towards them and tell them that you would like to learn from them. Ask for their time to ask them a few questions. You can also watch what they do and try to do the same. You can also have virtual mentors by emailing the author you admire or ask in an online forum. Mentors are like a catalyst in navigating us to success because good mentors like to help others to achieve their dream. Ultimately, you will be more likely to reach success at a faster rate. Therefore, don’t be afraid or shy to ask questions when you find a suitable mentor to get acknowledged for the mentorship.
6. Stay Focused
Success is not complicated, it requires hard work. It might seem that successful people succeed easily in what they do but they are actually consistently working really hard towards success behind us. Don’t get fooled by the surface of successful people and think that you can be like them without much hard work. You have to apply the tips I have shared with you so far and stay focused on your goal. You should:
- Challenge yourself.
- Stretch your limits.
- Aim to reach your maximum potential.
You must find ways to stay focused on your goals. There are few Don’ts that you need to keep in check to train your brain to stay focused:
- Don’t give up.
- When you are facing difficulties during your progress, you need to learn to not give up on what you’re doing. Unsuccessful people will always give up on what they do halfway when something goes wrong. Do not give up and know that success takes hard work and consistent effort. Whenever you feel like giving up, look at what you’ve done so far and how much you have gone through to get to this stage. Are you sure it is worth it giving up after what you have been through? It is totally fine to take some time out whenever you feel like you’re on the edge of giving up. However, always remember to pick up from what you’ve last worked on after taking a break.
- Don’t lose your
- Successful people aren’t perfect. They too have times where they will lose their motivation, struggle to make things right. Thus, don’t let your passion wear out. Stay focused on your way to success and you will eventually get it.
- Procrastination is a common problem and it is definitely one of the worst habits that you have to cross out from your habit changing list. However, there are so many distractions nowadays which lead us to procrastination. Therefore, you have to be aware that you are procrastinating and re-visit your primary goals. Let your mentor or people around you to motivate and support you.
- You should allocate your time deliberately for serious work and little distraction. It is good to try the Pomodoro technique whereby you stay focused on your task without any distractions or disturbance for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minutes break before returning to work on the other task for 25 minutes and repeat. This technique helps you manage your time more effectively and makes you more productive throughout the day.
- Do the smaller task first. When you have a task which takes only a few minutes to be completed, do it first. If you do it right away, you will not have the chance to procrastinate.
- It is not as productive as it seems and you tend to make more mistakes when multitasking which is why my advice for you is to stay focused. Focus on one task at a time so that you can complete your task more efficiently and effectively.
7. Be Humble
Some people stop working hard because they feel that there is no need for any room of improvement since they have achieved success.They let success go to their head and start to become egoistic; abandoning the values that made them successful. We should learn from this mistake as it will make your success go downhill very soon and lose your reputation. Therefore, we must always remain humble whether or not we are successful.
When you become successful, you should be humble by taking note of the following:
- Compete against yourself.
- In Richard St. John’s speech in TED Talk, he reminds us that success is a constant and continuous journey. You should compete against yourself to continue your journey to success. It helps you in self-improvement and self-development.
- Be grateful.
- Remember your roots. Remember what you have learned along the way to success and be grateful for those who gave you a helping hand when you needed it.
- Count your blessings and it brings you happiness.
- Mentor others.
- Mentoring others is just as important as finding someone you admire to mentor you. We must always learn to give and take. You will feel a sense of satisfaction as well as joy in sharing your knowledge and skills that you have gained from your experience. It is always rewarding to help others and knowing that they wouldn’t have to go through what you have experienced due to poor judgement. In addition, it is also beneficial for you as being a mentor helps you grow and rekindles your passion and motivation.
- Always ask for feedback.
- Humbly ask your mentor or close friends of yours to give you some feedback on which areas you might need to work on.
- Listen carefully.
- Listen to how others respond to you attentively and carefully, and keep an open mind about it. Take a moment to digest what they have said to show that you really valued their opinions.
- Accept your mistakes.
- Be humbled by your experiences. Allow yourself to continue to take on challenges without being afraid to fail.
Being humble has many advantages, including making your success unstoppable as it can help you:
- Build your reputation.
- Be more optimistic and passionate about life.
- Have longer-lasting relationships.
- Be more willing to face challenges.
The key to success is in your hands. It is up to you to be the average guy at work or an unemployed couch potato or the successful person you’ve always dreamed of. It is your choice to make your life worthwhile. I wish you luck and all the best to be the successful person who is humble yet unstoppable.